Hispanic Heritage Cultural Institute
Juntos sigamos adelante!
Together let’s move our community forward.
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Hispanics comprise over 10% of Buffalo’s populations (2010 Census)
2. We have a diverse population that includes refugees and immigrants from around the world, with 18% of our city residents speaking a primary language other than English.
3. Buffalo’s Hispanic community has a rich legacy of culture, leadership and civic contributions within the Buffalo and Western New York Community.
4. Despite these exciting successes, we still see significant disparities in our community’s health, education attainment and other key indicators, for example, 50% of Hispanics in Buffalo live in poverty.
This is simply not acceptable. As Buffalo embarks on an exciting phase of revitalization and growth, we must tap into the strengths and talents of our Hispanic and immigrant communities.
- Construction of a new 32,000 square foot Hispanic Heritage Cultural Institute in the heart of the community.
- Design will have modern interpretation of Hispanic influenced architecture, combined with Caribbean inspired accents.
- Sustainable design and energy conservation features through, including using solar panels on the roof.
- Interior spaces include a museum, café, performing arts theater, large event space, media center, learning labs, administrative spaces, and gardens.